[Sosfbay-discuss] Single Payer Healthcare Rally next Mon Oct. 22, noon, State Building in downtown San Jose

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Fri Oct 19 11:52:39 PDT 2007

The Green Party of SCCo is a member organization of the SCC Single Payer
Health Care Coalition which is holding the rally detailed below.  I'm
particularly pleased that the flyer was done in spanish as well
and that several of the coalition member organization are well-equipped to
do outreach to the latino community.  If anyone wants the flyer please
e-mail me and I'll forward it.

Green is Essence!

Drew
_____

SCHWARZENEGGER NO!
SINGLE PAYER  HEALTH CARE  YES!

Californians are suffering and dying while the Governor and the
Legislature compete to spend insurance lobby dollars on Louis Vuitton
luxuries. Profit-gouging insurance companies are destroying our current
health care system and do not deserve to be part of the solution. Single
payer universal health care will  provide comprehensive treatment for
everyone for far less than what we spend now. We call on elected
officials to stop cavorting with insurance companies and start
implementing single payer solutions such  as Sen. Sheila Kuehl’s SB 840
and U.S. Congressman John Conyers’ HR 676.

RALLY AT THE STATE BUILDING IN SAN JOSE
TIME: 12 NOON MONDAY OCTOBER 22
PLACE: STATE BUILDING, NORTH ENTRANCE
BETWEEN SECOND AND THIRD STREETS  JUST NORTH OF SAN CARLOS ST.
DOWNTOWN SAN JOSE

Sponsored by San Jose Labor Party, Health Care for All – Silicon Valley,
Santa Clara County Single  Payer Coalition, CHAM Deliverance Ministry,
Low-Income Self-Help Center, California Nurses  Association, California
School Employees Association, Green Party.

Subject: Flyer for Oct. 22 Rally
From:    PerrySandy at aol.com

Here is the updated flyer for the Oct. 22 rally that coalition members this
afternoon asked me to send out. It has a graphic and also additional
endorsements (Calif. School Employees and the Green Party). See you all
there on Monday!

Sandy

--
JamBoi