[Sosfbay-discuss] Wildfires -- Michael "Brownie" Brown

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Wed Oct 24 10:12:54 PDT 2007

Dear Green Friends,

As I always say at times like this, you can't make this stuff up.

I had just finished reading your comments on a GPCA press release on the wildfires and about to log off my America Online account when I saw the litte item pasted below:

Posted on AOL News, Wednesday, October 24, 2007.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2007/10/24/brownie-to-the-rescue/?ncid=NWS00010000000001

?

Brownie to the Rescue

by David Knowles

?

When the nation is in need, there is one man who you can
count on to rush in and save the day. Be it a catastrophic hurricane, or a
devastating string of wildfires, wherever football stadiums overflow with
desperate residents, Michael Brown will let it be known that he is ready to
help. From the Wall Street Journal's Washington
Wire:

?

Washington Wire was a little stunned to receive a press
release today hawking disgraced former Federal Emergency Management Agency
Director Micheal Brown as "available for interviews" to discuss the
wildfire crisis in Southern California.

?

Just in the nick of time, Brown is camera-ready, and
prepared to spill some of his expertise. Since leaving behind the Arabian
horse world, and a top post in the Federal Government,
Brown has parlayed his disastrous Katrina performance into a new gig as
director of corporate strategy for Cotton
Cos., a company that bills itself as a "leading provider of disaster
recovery services."

.? .? .

So, "Brownie" is actually cashing in on his infamy.? That's amazing!? As one who was more or less "ut out to pasture" at age fifty after twenty years as a computer programmer presumably because of "market forces," I am constantly amazed how these guys from the "Ruling Class" almost manage to bounce into a cushy niche no matter how badly they've f****d up.

Alex Walker