[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: Cynthia McKinney & Presidential Primary]

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Tue Sep 11 03:59:38 PDT 2007

Subject: [G-C-F] Cynthia McKinney & Presidential Primary
From:    "Jim Dorenkott" <jimdorenkott2 at yahoo.com>
Date:    Mon, September 10, 2007 20:06
To:      "Greens California Forum" <cal-forum at cagreens.org>

Hi,

  Saturday the General Assembly voted to put Cynthia McKinney, Ralph
Nader, Elaine Brown, Kent Mesplay, Kat Swift, Jared Ball and Jesse
Johnson on the Ca Primary Ballot. Today Cynthia McKinney issued a
statement that she has withdrawn. Her complete statement is at
www.allthingscynthiamckinney.com as well as a comment blog.

  This a great tragedy for the Green Party; she would bring many new
people into the Party especially young people of color. I would not
accept this as a "fait accompli" but rather a challenge. She questions
our ability to mount such a campaign as a principal reason. I think it
is our opportunity to argue otherwise. Please do so, and offer what you
would do for her campaign in the most concrete terms you can use.

  Jim