[Sosfbay-discuss] Comment of Interest from AlterNet Headlines

Andrea Dorey andid at cagreens.org
Sun Sep 23 11:08:52 PDT 2007

I found this comment interesting.  It was posted in the comment
section in response to "Why Can't the U.S. Have the Debate about
Naomi Klein's Book That Europe Has?"  The book: "The Shock Doctrine -
The Rise of Disaster Capitalism."

...progressives are guilty of voting against their own interests as
well. Nearly every Dem is mainstream, which means to the right of
center, except Kucinich. A long-term approach to change would mean
voting for the candidate who best serves our interests, the American
people's interests, even if it means losing a few elections. I have
heard all the arguments against voting for "fringe candidates," and
they are all short-term solutions to the long-term problem of change.
We have to live our beliefs NOW, and vote our convictions, not in
some future election. If every progressive and liberal voted for
Kucinich or a Nader or Green Party candidate, change will come
sooner, not later.