[Sosfbay-discuss] Ballot Access is the Wild West of Law - Yeeha!

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Tue Sep 25 11:57:07 PDT 2007

alexcathy at aol.com wrote:

> Dear Tian,
>
> What do you mean by "one dollar one vote."
>
> You're kidding, right?

(looks around home) No kids here. The problem with oil consumption is
that it
is deeply ingrained in our habits. The key to solving the problem is
realizing that
to really do it, we need to change the way we live. The best way is to
think of the
dollars you spend, and to find ways to live more lightly, meaning use
less fossil
fuels. I find thinking of the marketplace as an opportunity to vote
enhances my
feeling of "living in a democracy." Even a lot of Republicans like that one.

I remember talking to someone I was standing on the corner with during a
vigil,
and I told them "the one dollar one vote is way more serious for the
guys selling
ice creams from pushcarts than it is for me."

Right now I'm happy. The silicon valley impeachment coalition is putting
together a flier on things to do to on the 3rd Friday of the month. One
of the
items is "Don't buy gas; the drop in sales is your vote." I got someone
singing
my tune!

I have a stack of "Stop voting for oil companies at the gas pump!" stickers
I made. They are the perfect size to fit on credit cards. Want one? Give me
an address to mail it to (in a private email) and I'll send one out.

Tian