[Sosfbay-discuss] Stop US Military Support to Countries Using Child Soldiers

Fred Duperrault fredd at freeshell.org
Tue Apr 1 12:27:19 PDT 2008

Something to Consider

The Green Party of Santa Clara County, the Green Party of California and
the Green Party of United States of America might want to consider
passing a bill urging Congress to "Stop US military support to countries
using child soldiers."  The legislation could also include adding
"...and military dictatorships."  (See Oxfam America's request for such
a bill, below.)

Fred,

Stop US Military Support to Countries Using Child Soldiers

Right now, governments around the world are using children as
frontline soldiers, porters, and spies. The UN estimates that
hundreds of thousands of children are actively involved in armed
conflicts. A bipartisan bill to curb misguided US military aid
to these countries could see movement in the Senate this month,
and your action today is critical.

Tell Congress
(http://act.oxfamamerica.org/campaign/childsoldiers/webnndu42mxdknn?) to
stop US military
support to countries using child soldiers.

World Water Day

Water is essential for life-and an essential human right. Yet
access to this vital resource is under mounting threat from
natural disasters, human-induced climate change, conflict, and
industrial development.

>From rural Ethiopian communities to river villages in Cambodia,
from temporary settlements in Chad to drought-affected farms in
South Africa, Oxfam and its partners are working to protect
people's right to clean water.

Click here to learn more.
http://act.oxfamamerica.org/ct/d1S1g5F12TAs/

Help Oxfam Extend Our Reach!

At Oxfam America, we constantly seek out ways to help people use
their own strengths to overcome poverty. With your help, we want
to do more.

Extending above and beyond our ongoing annual programs, our $50
million Campaign for Oxfam America will enable us to target the
tangle of practices, laws, and policies at all levels of
government that foster profound inequities. Our goal is to move
hard-working communities out of poverty-forever.

Make a donation today
(https://donate.oxfamamerica.org/02/thecampaign_web/nIpS1g5F10K71?) and
become part
of the Campaign for Oxfam America.

Movie Helps Farmers Learn New "Language" to Grow More Rice

Oxfam and its partner, the Cambodian Center for Study and
Development in Agriculture, or CEDAC, have produced a new
instructional video on cutting-edge agriculture techniques. The
new movie is called "Do You Speak SRI?" (That's "System of Rice
Intensification" if you don't!) It will teach Cambodian farmers
new ways to farm and help them easily and effectively grow more
rice to support their families.

It takes a different approach to the traditional educational
movie, featuring real farmers rather than actors or scientists,
sharing their own successes and telling their own stories about
using the new practices.

Click here (http://act.oxfamamerica.org/ct/ddS1g5F12TAx/) to
read about this innovative project.

Thank you for supporting Oxfam America!

Sincerely,

Tim Fullerton
Oxfam America

Need to change your personal info? Go here:

http://act.oxfamamerica.org/oxfamamerica/smp.tcl?show_subs=profile&nkey=webnndu42mxdknn&

View your eCommunity history:

http://act.oxfamamerica.org/oxfamamerica/smp.tcl?show_subs=history&nkey=webnndu42mxdknn&

Visit Oxfam America's website:

http://act.oxfamamerica.org/ct/epS1g5F12TAw/

Donate:

https://donate.oxfamamerica.org/02/oxfamamerica/nIpS1g5F10K71?

Tell your friends about Oxfam America's eCommunity.

http://act.oxfamamerica.org/oxfamamerica/join-forward.html?domain=oxfamamerica&r=IpS1g5F10K71&

If you received this message from a friend, please sign up for
Oxfam America's eCommunity.

http://act.oxfamamerica.org/ct/e7S1g5F12TA2/

Questions or comments? Please email us at:

action at oxfamamerica.org

Can you receive HTML emails (ones with graphics and photos)?
Click on the link below (or cut and paste it into your browser)
to change your email preference to HTML:

http://act.oxfamamerica.org/oxfamamerica/set-email-pref.tcl?nkey=webnndu42mxdknn&pref=html&

If you'd like to unsubscribe from Oxfam America's eCommunity,
please visit:
http://act.oxfamamerica.org/oxfamamerica/remove-domain-direct.tcl?ctx=center&nkey=webnndu42mxdknn&
or respond to this email with "REMOVE" as the subject line.

This email is Powered by Convio, Inc.

http://www.convio.com