[Sosfbay-discuss] invitation to a political forum

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 4 13:53:10 PDT 2008

We have received the following invitation to which I have responded
that we will attend - we will be there.

Jim Doyle

Subject: Green Party Event
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:22:33 -0700
From: "Cecilia Almeda" <calmeda at housing.sjsu.edu
<mailto:calmeda at housing.sjsu.edu>>
To: <santaclara at cagreens.org <mailto:santaclara at cagreens.org>>

Hello Green Party Representative!

     My name is Cecille Almeda and I am a student at San Jose State
University. I am also a Diversity Advocate Intern for MOSAIC Cross
Cultural Center. As an intern, we try to break the barriers of
stereotypes of social justice or diversity issues that are still
occuring today. We have individual events and one big collaborative
event that we lead each semester.
  -----
    here are 2 links to the MOSAIC  organization
http://sa.sjsu.edu/mosaic/index.jsp
http://sa.sjsu.edu/mosaic/about/history.html
  -----
     For the collaborative event this semester, the interns are hosting a
program called "Call to Action" on Tuesday, April 22nd at 6:00 PM to
7:30 PM. It will be a Political Party Forum/Panel where representatives
from each party can discuss the beliefs of their particular group.

We are hoping to have a representative from each political party and I was
wondering if you would be interested in representing the Green Party at
our event. Students who are associated with the green party at the SJSU
campus will also be attending but we are hoping to have at least one
educated representative who has experience and a large amount of
knowledge about the party.

     I would appreciate if you can let me know whether you are available
and interested to help for our event. Also, feel free to ask me any
questions if you have any. Thank you so much for your time and I hope to
hear from you soon. Take care!