[Sosfbay-discuss] Vote in House TODAY for paper ballots in the House

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Tue Apr 15 06:47:57 PDT 2008

This from 2006 Maryland Green candidate for U.S. Senate, peace and
electoral justice activist Kevin Zeese...

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:39:36 -0500
From: Ben Manski
Subject: [usgp-dx] Please forward Re: Vote on Tuesday for paper
        ballots in the House

http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/page.php?a=43936&p=preview
<http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/page.php?a=43936&p=preview>

*Paper Ballots and Audits in Time for Election Day 2008!*
<http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_kevin_ze_080414_paper_ballots_and_au.htm>

/by Kevin Zeese <http://www.opednews.com/author/author690.html>/

Tell Your Congressman to Vote for HR 5036 ?*The Emergency Election
Assistance for Secure Elections Act?*

Majority Leader Steny Hoyer has scheduled a House Floor vote on ?The
Emergency Election Assistance for Secure Elections Act? for this Tuesday.

The bill would provide states with funds if they put in place a
paper-based voting system with mandatory audits on Election Day. This
bill could go a long way to making the vote count of the 2004 election
more trustworthy.

TrueVote's goal is as strong a House vote as possible to demonstrate
that all Americans agree we need to have a true vote ? a vote we can
trust. This is a non-partisan issue as election integrity is basic to a
functioning democracy. Two steps are needed:

1. 1. Send this article to people you know. We need a strong national
vote. The TrueVoteMD.org (an organization which led the efforts to end
paperless voting in Maryland) website is set up to send emails to every
member of Congress from voters in their district. (HERE)
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1331/t/3732/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=24240>
Forward this email widely and urge those who receive it to do the same.

2. Send a letter to your representative in Congress. *Click HERE
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1331/t/3732/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=24240>*
to send the letter. Only 17 states have a voter verified paper record
and require an audit. Key states like Florida, Michigan and Ohio do not
require both a paper ballot and audit.

H.R. 5036 will help ensure election integrity in time for the November
2008 election by providing funds for voter verified paper records and
audits of the vote on Election Day.

On Tuesday, April 15 the U.S. House of Representatives will vote so
please send the letter IMMEDIATELY. *Click HERE
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1331/t/3732/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=24240>*
to send the letter.

Counting the vote right in a way people can trust is the foundation of
legitimate government. We know the solution. Now we must make
transparent democracy national.

VotersForPeace.US and TrueVoteMD.org

Kevin Zeese is Executive Director of VotersForPeace.US. and TrueVoteMD.org.