[Sosfbay-discuss] Next County Council meeting

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 17 00:19:40 PDT 2008

The next County Council meeting is at Dana's place
in Palo Alto this Sunday.

Date / Time:  Sunday, April 20,  4-6 PM.
Place:        278 Campesino Ave.  Palo Alto
               (Corner of Bryant, across Campesino
               from the house with fire damage.)
Phone number: 650-424-0842 or 408-22-EARTH

Directions:

** If going west on Central Expressway / Alma:

Cross Shoreline, Rengstorff, San Antonio, Charleston,
and Meadow (and a few othere in between).  You can turn
right on Meadow, but we (Dana and I) always cross Meadow,
then take the first right after Meadow  (El Verano).  Left
on Ramona, right on Campesino.

You can't take a left onto Bryant from El Verano, because
it is blocked to cars.  Which I am happy about, because it
is part of what makes Bryant the Bike Boulevard.

If somehow you miss El Verano, then turn right on Loma
Verde, right on Ramona, left on Campesino.

** If going North on 85:
There is no exit off 85 to Central Expressway, I guess it
has to do with Central being next to the Caltrain tracks.
So get off at Evelyn, and take a left (towards Castro).
When you get to Castro, you will be forced to turn right
and cross the RR tracks.  It gets tricky here because
you want to turn left on Central, immediately after
crossing the tracks.  (You can take a left if you are
in the middle lane of three.)

Once on Central, follow the directions above for Central.

** If going west (virtual north) on 101:
Get off 101 at San Antonio, take San Antonio away from the
Bay.  Turn right on Charleston.  Turn right on Middlefield.
Turn left on East Meadow.  Turn right on Waverley.
WATCH OUT for the speed bumps.  Turn left on Campesino.
Go to Bryant.  We are on the far left corner.

** By 22 Bus
The best stop to get off the 22 bus is at El Camino Way.
If going west on the 22, get off at the first stop after
the Charleston / Arastradero stop.  If going east ...
ask the bus driver.  Take El Camino Way to West Meadow.
Turn on West Meadow (there is only one way, it is a T.)
Take West Meadow to Ramona.  Turn left on Ramona.  Turn
right on Campesino.  Go slightly less than one block.
NOTE:  I think it takes me about 20 minutes to walk from
the bus stop.

** By bicycle
Take the Bike Boulevard (Bryant) to Campesino (between
Loma Verde and East Meadow).

Gerry