[Sosfbay-discuss] Time to make a point

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Tue Feb 12 09:36:34 PST 2008

Those of us who live in Morgan Hill have an opportunity to make a some
very public points this month.

State Senator Abel Maldonado is holding a Town Hall Forum in Morgan Hill:

Thursday, Feb. 21
7:00 PM
Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center
17000 Monterey Road.

The 15th State Senate District is a classic example of gerrymandering,
Combining Morgan Hill with San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria but not even
with Gilroy or any other part of the Santa Clara Valley.

Republican Maldonado is Chairman of the Agriculture Committee... Yes, a
Republican Committee Chair in a State Legislature dominated by
Democrats... an accomodation that recognizes the fact that most heavily
agricultural districts elect Republicans.  He is also a member of the
Select Committee on Coastal Protection and Watershed Conservation
<http://www.senate.ca.gov/ftp/sen/committee/select/COSTAL_PROTECT/_home1/PROFILE.HTM>.

I would like other Greens from Morgan Hill to join me and to question
Maldonado on:

   1. Regulation / prohibition of Genetically Engineered products in
      Agriculture,
   2. Current obstructionism in the legislature that continue
      California's Water Wars.

Let's make this another chance gain visibility for the Green Party.

Wes

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
http://www.refpub.com/ -- Tel: 408.778.3024