[Sosfbay-discuss] Cameron's Post on Handling the "Spoiler" Question

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Thu Feb 28 15:02:12 PST 2008

Wow!?

Cameron, that's brilliant.? you really should polish that a little bit and submit it for publication someplace where millions of people can read it.? I, myself, struggle constantly with my desire to call for "Jihad" against the Democratic Party Machine Bosses in Los Angeles.? I hate the Democrats.? I can't stop thinking about the things they've done to sell-out, betray, marginalize, and ridicule people I know who have worked 10, 20, 30, and even 40 years for peace, civil rights, women's rights, labor rights, and environmentalism.? Then, to add insult to injury, every time we turn around along comes another rich, well-connected charming "liberal" with a law degree from Harvard or Yale and so-called "progressives" swoon.?

Having said all that, Cameron, I know in my head you are right.?

We should be "Green and cuddly."? You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

I think we should have a workshop on this at a plenary.? I am serious.? We should practice a little "role play" on what to say and how to act when somebody puts the "spoiler" argument.? We should also have a workshop on what to say and what not to say in a press release.? Thus, for example, I've been told if you want to get an op-ed in a newspaper you must never, ever, insult the editors in your op-ed.? Oh!? That is so hard for me.? I hate the MSM almost as much as the Democratic Party bosses!?? The "Op-Ed" page is supposed to be for? views that disagree with the newspaper's editorials.? But the subtle truth is, they only print "Op-Eds" that genuflect to the paper's wisdom in some way.? When the Los Angeles Times posted my blog it was because I *AGREED* with their editorial about the need for reform.? I just said the Democrats and the Republicans were incapable of doing it.?

It's a very subtle thing.? You gotta be firm... but you gotta be nice (notice how they are all saying what a "nice guy" William F. Buckley was and never mind that the guy was an outright fascist.? Buckley was "witty" and "polite" with a degree from Yale).?

Alex Walker