[Sosfbay-discuss] Drew's exclusion/confusions

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 10:09:35 PDT 2008

Folks!  There is obviously a lot of confusion about Drew  Johnson being
unsubscribed by Jim Stauffer (as list manager) on the email list  that was created
for communications between the County Council members of Santa  Clara County
and San Mateo County.

Generally, participants on this list are limited to current  County Council
members (if only because who needs to be receiving email when you  are not
involved with the work).  I have remained on this list as a former  GPSCC County
Council member (1998-2002), but I send a message asking if there is  any
concern about this after each cycle of elections (on my to do list at this  time).
The value of former County Council members remaining on the list is  to foster
institutional memory (what has been done in the past; reminding others  about
recurring events and activities, etc.).  Additionally, some of us are
resources because we are involved in state committees and working groups and can
provide useful state party info to the county councils.  Jim Stauffer  is on
this list because he has been the region's alternate to the GPCA  Coordinating
Committee and has been in all respects our Regional Representative  since Jo
Chamberlain stepped down from that position.

So...  Jim unsubscribing Drew from that list has NOTHING  to do with this
discussion list!!!!

I do agree that if Drew wants to be on the County Councils  list, he should
take that up with GPSCC County Council.  I would ask Drew  to be able to
clearly explain how his remaining subscribed to that list serves  its purposes of
facilitating communications and coordinating actions between the  two County
Councils.

Additionally, I would ask County Council members to require  that Drew
promise not to use that email list as a general bulletin board...  which he has done
in the past and has refused to stop doing even when Jim and I  have asked him
to stop adding unnecessary emails to that list.  It is as  though Drew thinks
that activists who are County Council members do not see the  same messages
on general discussion lists.  County Council members already  receive
announcements from the national and state party as recipients on the  GPCA County
Contacts list.   Jim and I have asked Drew to stop posting  other matters that are
readily available in other places (including this GPSCC  general discussion
list), and he has plain flat refused to do  so.

So can we get back to work????    There is a  presidential campaign to
support with very little time to organize.

Warner