[Sosfbay-discuss] Jim Stauffer's high handedly unsubscribingmefrom regional list

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Fri Jul 18 07:12:34 PDT 2008

Jodi, Sounds good re: female vibes watcher.

Well, there's another list that most people are unaware of and that's the
one we are discussing Jim having kicked me off of with no process and no
discussion with The Council.  The list is called the SC-SM list and as I'd
previously posted its a list for both the Santa Clara and San Mateo
parties to communicate.  Jim holds an (IMO) extremely, extremely,
extremely narrow, cramped concept of what our two parties should be
communicating about on that list.  In his view it should only be info
between the two Councils re: regional info.  This is like treating it as
if it were the red phone between D.C. and Moscow or a fire alarm -- break
the glass to use.  As I'd said before, it was just hardly used at all
before I joined and apparently that's exactly the way Jim thinks it should
be used -- hardly at all.

But interestingly enough I was ON THE COUNCIL for Santa Clara when he was
trying to dictate to  me how the list was to be used -- no matter that his
position as Regional Rep is essentially a position under the
accountability of the County Councils of the region (in this case Santa
Clara and San Mateo) and that therefore HE SHOULD BE LISTENING TO THE
COUNTY COUNCILORS as to how WE CHOOSE TO USE THE LIST.

And since we have a party resource (not a Jim Stauffer resource) to help
us communicate between our two parties IMO we ought to actually use it and
NOT to treat is like something so precious we can never use it.  IMO thats
just plain silly.

So what if one of the Councilors chooses to communicate more than Jim
Stauffer enjoys.  Jim Stauffer's position as Regional Rep is subject to
the elected/appointed Council Councils and not the other way around.  Just
as Jim got it totally backwards and tried to harangue Caroline Yacoub for
holding him accountable, he seems to have the backwards idea that everyone
else is accountable to him and he is accountable to no one.  Well sorry
Jim, but we've got some news for you.  The Regional Rep is supposed to
serve the county parties and the County Councils, not the other way
around.

Green is True!

Drew