[Sosfbay-discuss] KPFA "Friend Raising"—Tell Them Thanks!!!

Andrea Dorey andid at cagreens.org
Fri Jul 18 13:30:49 PDT 2008

Now is a moment we Greens can take advantage of!
KPFA (94.1 FM)  is searching for funds to continue running their
progressive radio programs.

Yes, they are laced with yellow-dog Democrats, but they also have Amy
Goodman's Democracy Now, Dennis Bernstein's Flashpoints, Free Speech
News, Guns and Butter, Seventh Generation, Against the Grain...all
programs that have true left and, some, far left subject matter and
positions.

We have added a KPFA link to our Green website—a move of brilliance
IMHO—now let's donate to KPFA and be sure that they know that the
money is coming from a member of the Green Party.

YOU CAN DONATE AS LITTLE AS $25 AND BE A VOTING MEMBER OF KPFA!  You
can influence the elections.

When you donate large amounts ($100 or more) they will ask if it's OK
to thank you on the air—ask them to thank Green Party member (name)
or if you prefer privacy, ask them to thank a Green Party member from
(your city).

Remember to thank them for the live coverage of the GP in Chicago and/
or the interviews in Chicago by Davy Dee!

If you are an inclusive person in the Greens, you might want to thank
them for interviewing third (or minor) party candidates (Nader of
Independent Party and Bob? of Libertarian Party), showing that the
idea is to OPEN VENUES TO OTHER PARTIES besides the two majors.

All this exerts gentle pressure on them to report on the Green Party
and its candidates if they want to keep this money pipeline open!

This is a chance for grassroots partnering that we should NOT miss!

Best regards to ALL Greens, whatever your position on voting in
November,
Andrea