[Sosfbay-discuss] Upcoming Schedule of 9/11 Truth/Impeachment events

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Sun Jul 27 07:25:53 PDT 2008

This is somewhat belated.  I will be bringing a ound system to the
San Mateo/SantaClara County Picnic/Potluck, and music and am looking
for speakers for our annual rally/march to the 10th Annual Power to
the Peaceful Festival (which draws 50,000 people).
Here are the Upcoming Events/Meetings/Rallies/Marches (please help
spread the word- and do come! Send your events to cbrouillet at igc.org
to add them to the calendar)

Announcements- Good News! Dennis Kucinich's Impeachment Resolution
was addressed in the House Judiciary Committee Hearing Friday.
More Good News!  My doctor called yesterday, and the cysts in my
pancreas are benign. (Carol Brouillet)

#1) Impeachment Actions, Rally, Friday, July 25th, 3pm - 6pm, Zoe
Lofgren's Office, 635 N. 1st St., San Jose
#2) Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance
Retreat/Celebration/Organizing for September, Sunday, July 27, 2008,
Noon- 8pm, Palo Alto
#3) Film Premiere- The Reflecting Pool, Monday, August 4, 2008, 7 PM,
Pacific Film Archive, 2575 Bancroft Way, Berkeley
#4) Northern California 9-11 Truth Alliance Meeting, Thursday, August
7, 2008, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., 522 Valencia St., San Francisco
#5)  Green Party of San Mateo/Santa Clara County Annual
Potluck/Picnic, Saturday, August 9, 2008, 11am - 4 pm, Murphy Park, Sunnyvale
#6) Listening for a Change- On the Eleventh of Every Month, Monday,
August 11, 2008, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Lytton Plaza, Palo Alto
#7) Northern California 9-11 Truth Alliance Meeting, Thursday, August
21, 2008, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.,  The Grand Lake Neighborhood Center, Oakland
#8) Northern California 9-11 Truth Alliance Meeting, Thursday,
September 4, 2008, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., 522 Valencia St.,San Francisco
#9) 9th Annual 911 Power to the Peaceful Festival, Sat., Sept.
6,  Annual 9/11 Truth Rally/March  begins at 10am @ the Panhandle
(between Oak & Fell @ Ashbury)
#10) 9/11 Truth Film Festival, Thursday, September 11th, 2008, 1 pm-
10 pm, Grand Lake Theater, Oakland

More Details (Check http://www.communitycurrency.org/events.html for
the latest updates- we are still on the planning stage for a few of
these events.)

#1) Impeachment Actions, Rally, Friday, July 25th, 3pm - 6pm, Zoe
Lofgren's Office, 635 N. 1st St., San Jose Here's the latest
Impeachment News- which includes what we can do to further this
process. http://impeachforpeace.org/impeach_bush_blog/?p=5538 Amongst
the articles of Impeachment that Kucinich introduced in June 3
included 9/11 issues. Hearings will hopefully force the media to
begin to cover the important suppressed facts and information, and
begin some process of accountability, at least slow them down on
their present course.

#2) Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance
Retreat/Celebration/Organizing for September, Sunday, July 27, 2008
Noon- 8pm
(Serious Discussion/Decision making 3pm - 6 pm)

Last year we held a Retreat to plan our August/September events at my
home (in Palo Alto). It was a fun/productive gathering and our
subsequent events were a success. We are still trying to figure out
what to do precisely for this August/September 11th at the Grand Lake
Theater. If you would like to come to the retreat and help with the
upcoming events & newsletter... I hope you can join us next Sunday,
July 27th at my house. I plan on making food (but some people want me
to spend more time facilitating and participating in the discussion-
so if we turn it into a potluck, I might have more time to be part of
the circle). This will also be a chance for me to celebrate with
friends the good news that the biopsy results show the cysts in my
pancreas are benign. Call, or email to RSVP and get directions to my
house. 650-857-0927, cbrouillet at igc.org Carol AND, If you want to
help, but can't come next Sunday- please let us know what you can do,
and any of your ideas/suggestions.
Main Goals-
Newsletter- getting it done/mailed
Annie Machon event?
911 Power to the Peaceful Rally? March? Tabling/Flyering/Speaking
September 11th at the Grand Lake Theater

#3) Film Premiere- The Reflecting Pool
August 4, 2008, 7 PM
Pacific Film Archive
2575 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA
(510) 642-1412

The Reflecting Pool follows an investigation by a skeptical
Russian-American journalist who teams up with the father of a 9/11
victim to fact check the official version of the tragedy as
documented in the 9/11 Commission Report. As they examine evidence
and interview key eyewitnesses, the official story begins to crumble.
The Reflecting Pool is the first investigative drama to present this
issue in the spirit of such films as All the President's Men and JFK.
The film illustrates that, as so often is the case, the truth does
not set you free; it ties your stomach and conscience into knots. It
will remind you of All the President's Men and JFK, films that also
used drama to pursue political truths. Writer/Director Jarek Kupsc
plays Alex Prokop, a successful journalist who receives a mysterious
9/11 videotape revealing new information on the attack. Joseph Culp
appears as Paul Cooper, the man who sent the tape and a driven
researcher whose daughter died on 9/11. Though skeptical of
conspiracy theorists and fearful that it will jeopardize his career,
Prokop agrees to take on the story.

We follow Prokop and Cooper as they investigate the destruction of
evidence from Ground Zero, the collapse of the 47-story WTC Building
Seven, and the airliner attack on the Pentagon. The results of their
investigation suggest the official version as presented in the 9/11
Commission Report purposely ignored or omitted evidence and
testimonies to protect people in political positions, including the
present administration. Prokop, plagued by the ghosts of his
Communist childhood and trying to uphold the independence of American
journalism, struggles to come to grips with this awful truth.

The Reflecting Pool is an intense, sobering analysis of the most
controversial tragedy of our time -- a thought-provoking study of a
search for truth and the profound consequences of not looking for it
any further than the nightly news.

Selected reviews

"The Reflecting Pool presents a story that I have not taken the time
or courage to touch."
--Barbara Trent, Academy Award Winner, The Panama Deception
"The film illustrates that, as so often is the case, the truth does
not set you free; it ties your stomach and conscience into knots. It
will remind you of All the President's Men and JFK, films that also
used drama to pursue political truths."
--Joel Hirschhorn, Op-ed news

"The script is top-notch, the characterizations moving. If the film
has a flaw, it's in trying to document so much evidence in a
narrative thriller. Yet by and large, it pulls it off to deliver a
chilling and effective message -- maybe it can happen here."
--Jim Cirile, Screenwriters Magazine

About The Reflecting Pool:

The Reflecting Pool premiered theatrically through American
Cinematheque to a standing-room only audience on January 31, 2008, at
the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica, CA. The film screened in limited
runs in February and March in Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, and
continues with other selected screenings. The film is an official
selection this summer at the Maine International Film Festival in
July and the Moondance International Film Festival in August. The
film was recently picked up by Rialto Theaters in New Zealand for
this September.
About the filmmakers:

The Reflecting Pool was independently produced and financed by
Baltazar Works with Jodie Baltazar and Joseph Culp serving as
producers. The Reflecting Pool is director Jarek Kupsc's third
feature film. He won multiple awards for his debut feature Recoil and
won Best Picture for Slumberland in his native Poland. Kupsc gives
his view: "Most of all we wanted to tell a human story about what
happens to people when the truth is kept from them and show the
struggle one must go through for their own sense of integrity." He
continues, "September 11th, 2001, was a defining moment in modern
history--an event that propelled America toward preemptive wars under
false pretenses resulting in the deaths of over a million civilians
in the Middle East, thousands of American troops, and a complete
disregard for the Geneva Conventions not to mention the Bill of
Rights." Culp says, The Reflecting Pool is a way of taking stock of
what has happened to our country after 9/11 and to do the most
American thing of all--ask questions and demand honest answers."
www.reflectingpoolfilm.com

#4)  Northern California 9-11 Truth Alliance Meeting, Thursday, August 7, 2008
7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
522 Valencia St., just up from the 16th St. Bart Station,San Francisco

#5)  Green Party of San Mateo/Santa Clara County Annual Potluck/Picnic

11am - 4 pm
130 E California Ave.
Martin Murphy Junior Park, Sunnyvale
Everyone welcome! Green Party Congressional Candidate- Northern
California 9/11 Truth Alliance Founder- Carol Brouillet will be there
(and could use some logistical help..)

#6) Listening for a Change- On the Eleventh of Every Month 11:00 a.m.
- 1:00 p.m., Lytton Plaza, Palo Alto (University x Emerson)

Since October 2001, every Wednesday, except when it is raining; I
have set up tables, banners, chairs, food, educational material, and
created a space for public dialogue on key issues. Beginning in
November 2007, I am doing this on a monthly basis, on the 11th of
every month. We ask the public three questions and write down their responses-
What do you think/feel about the events of September 11th and the
U.S. government's response?

How could we defuse terrorism?"

How could we create a safer/better world for our children and all children?

Sponsored by Women's International League for Peace and Freedom and
Northern California 9-11 Truth Alliance All welcome. For more
information call Carol Brouillet 650-857-0927.

#7) Northern California 9-11 Truth Alliance Meeting, Thursday, August 21, 2008
at The Grand Lake Neighborhood Center
530 Lake Park Avenue, (between Lakeshore Avenue and Grand Avenue) in Oakland
7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Directions-
 From Hwy. 580 East (coming from the Bay Bridge or Berkeley), take
the Grand Ave./Lakeshore exit (start getting over to the on your way
past the Broadway-Webster exit - it's tricky - and move right again
when approaching the next exit, Harrison/Oakland, but don't get in
that exit lane). The exit ramp merges into MacArthur which intersects
with Grand at the light. Make a left at the light onto Grand, make a
right onto Lake Park Ave. (the Grand Lake Theater will be on the
corner on your far right before you turn). Go about a block, past the
BofA, which will be on your left, and the GLNC will also be on your
left. Park on the street or turn right into free public parking under
the freeway.
 From Hwy. 580 West (coming from Hayward), take the Lakeshore Ave.
exit. When you exit at Lakshore Ave., you will be on Lake Park. Go
straight at the light (you'll see a Busy Body Home Fitness store in
front of you to the right), crossing Lakeshore Ave. The GLNC will be
a few storefronts down on your right. Park on the street or turn left
into free public parking under the freeway across from GLNC. If you
cross Grand Ave. (and the theater) you've gone too far.

Buses (check schedules):
The 57 Macarthur, to Kaiser hospital, 40th and the Emeryville
shopping district.
The NL, via Grand to downtown Oakland and San Francisco

#8) Northern California 9-11 Truth Alliance Meeting, Thursday,
September 4, 2008, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
522 Valencia St., just up from the 16th St. Bart Station, San Francisco

#9) 9th Annual 911 Power to the Peaceful Festival
Annual Rally/March from the Panhandle through Golden Gate Park to the
911 Power to the Peaceful Festival
Saturday, September 6, 2008

Speedway Meadows
Golden Gate Park
Following the attacks of September 11th, the first "9/11 Truth Rally
and March" took place in the Panhandle, marching up Haight Street and
through Golden Gate Park to the 911 Power to the Peaceful Concert-

Our rally begins at 10:00 am @ the Panhandle (between Oak and Fell at Ashbury)
11:00 am we begin our march up Ashbury to Haight, through Golden Gate
Park to Speedway Meadows and to the Concert which lasts until 5:00 pm.
To endorse, speak, volunteer- Contact Carol Brouillet @ 650-857-0927.
We welcome all who are for 9/11 Truth, Impeachment, Peace, an End to
War, Repeal of the Patriot Act, Military Commissions Act. Bring
banners, signs, costumes, musical instruments, your humor, energy,
messages. The Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance will have a
booth at the Concert and pass out literature to the thousands who
come to the concert and support peace.
http://www.powertothepeaceful.org/

#10) 9/11 Truth Film Festival
Thursday, September 11th, 2008
1 pm- 10 pm
Grand Lake Theater
Oakland California
Final Program TBA- We will have great films, music, speakers...