[Sosfbay-discuss] We're #5: Anaylzing Santa Clara's Voter Registration Report of 5/19/08

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Mon Jun 2 08:13:07 PDT 2008

cls at truffula.sj.ca.us wrote:

> I don't think that's as true as it used to be.
> The last three times I've asked the registrant if he knew what
> party he'd just joined, he said yes and told me something
> about the AIP.  Maybe it's a fluke.

While I had a neighbor who made the mistake Tian mentions, I would agree
with Cameron.  Something is going on  besides an identity crisis.
Consider...

As the Republican Party continues to unravel with charges of corruption
and corporate connivance, I would expect to see serious conservatives
move to one of two alternative parties, AIP / Constitution or
Libertarian.  The choice would be made on the basis of what they
consider to be the most important issues.  Those who think that
economics are the most important will tend to become Libertarians, as
the AIP does not focus on economic issues but rather scapegoats the
economic problems (immigrants).

An interesting contrast is that between Greens and Libertarians, where
both ran party insiders without national name recognition in 2004.  This
year, it appears that they will both run party switching ex members of
Congress from Georgia.    It appears that McKinney  has locked up the
Green Party nomination and Bob Barr has the Libertarian already.
http://www.ajc.com/extra/content/news/stories/2008/05/25/libertarians_0526.html

 From Ballot Access
News...http://www.ballot-access.org/2008/05/20/rasmussen-general-election-presidential-poll-2/

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
http://www.refpub.com/ -- Tel: 408.778.3024