[Sosfbay-discuss] We're #5: Anaylzing Santa Clara's Voter Registration Report of 5/19/08

Fred Duperrault fredd at freeshell.org
Mon Jun 2 09:26:34 PDT 2008

Very good points, Drew!

Additionally, the Green Party has to figure out how to raise money.
In the capitalist system, public relations through advertising is a
prerequisite to growth. Notice how the political election system is so
influenced by the Madison Avenue principles.

A major reason why the Democratic Party has followed the Republican
Party toward the right (Direction, that is.), is its adoption of the
absolute capitalist way of thinking. Because the public has failed in
controlling the corporate monopoly of the political system, we have a
one party - Repubdecratic - monoploly. To survive, the Democrats have
adopted the too popular adage, "If you can't beat 'em (the oligar-
chists), join' em!"

The Green Party certainly won't join 'em, but it's got to figure out how
to raise more money the ethical way.  There is a lot of competition out
there for the funding of nonprofit organizations.  Some of the big
financially successful nonprofit NGOs, like Greenpeace, Southern Poverty
Law Center, Habitat For Humanity, the Sierra Club and Doctors Without
Borders, do dramatic things that appeal to the humane emotions of
generous donors.  It seems that dramatic good deed actions beget
dramatic contributions.

If the Green Party could put some of its "Values" into some tangible
good deed enterprise like, maybe, "Food For the Outcast", or "Mother
Green Earth" workshops, Green political contributions could dramatically
  increase.  Of course, the "enterprise" would have to be a separate 501
(c) (3) entity - founded and operated by Green Party volunteers.

A "Green Party Volunteers" entity, independent of the Party, might be a
way to achieve some tangible Green Party Value goals that could do
a lot for the public image of the Green Party.

At least, it would be doing some earthly tangible good.

Thinking aloud on the E-mail,

Fred

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.  I don't think that the ONLY
reason AIP is so big is that people are confused about it and mean to sign
up as independents -- but some obviously do make that mistake.  Let's not
discount the number of hard core conservatives in our midst.  I think as
Cameron's experience shows there are a goodly number of AIP registrants
who really ARE that conservative.  They're probably Rush Limbaugh/Fox
Noise consumers. :-)  We're probably not likely to wrest many away from
THAT party (unless of course as Eric said they're the ones who are trying
to say they are independent).

One thing I think we should frame our presentation with is that Greens are
independents!  We are independent of the Duopoly.  Independent of the
Corporatocracy, the power elites, the Imperialists, the NeoCons, the
Dominionists, the status quo, the Domination Paradigm!!!  We are about
'Power With' not 'Power Over'.  When people grasp the truth of this they
just might come our way.  Many of those large, large numbers of 'Decline
to State' and Eligible but Aren't Registered (my EbAR category) could very
well
become Green when they realize that...

Green is Independent!

Drew