[Sosfbay-discuss] Greenfair Silicon Valley: June 7-8th in San José

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Mon Jun 2 12:33:39 PDT 2008

We had tons' o discussion starting last summer in the Santa Clara party
about a great proposal that Fred Duperrault brought up in trying to have a
coalitional effort to have some kind of Green Festival thingy, possibly to
include San Mateo party.  Well we put some effort into it but didn't
manage to shepard the whole concept along and pull it together.
Nevertheless here's an example of a confluence of coincidental concepts
(great minds thinking alike) has brought along another entity that is
going to hold something kinda like what we had in mind.  I spotted that
this was going to happen months back, but didn't get around to posting
about it.  Nevertheless, its here now and I'd like to see as many of us
check it out as possible, with thoughts about how we might participate in
this one in the future or do some kind of other Green Fest thingy.

Green is Confluence!
Drew
____

http://www.greenfairsiliconvalley.com/
WHAT: Greenfair Silicon Valley

WHEN: June 7-8, 2008

WHERE: San Jose Convention Center, South Hall on Market St.

HOURS: Sat 10-7; Sun 11-5

PRICE:
Adults: $10 per day
Children 12 and under: Free w/ accompanying adult
Seniors 65 and up: $5 per day
Students: $5 per day with valid student ID
Weekend Pass: $15 per person

Show your VTA ticket/pass or bicycle helmet when you register and receive
$5 off your admission. VTA tickets must be dated the same day as admission
date.

Also keep an eye out for $5 discount coupons in local stores and newspapers.

Coupons and discount offers cannot be combined.

Greenfair Silicon Valley is a two-day business-to-business and
business-to-consumer event that will showcase products and services to
green your business, home, and life. It will include exhibitors who can
help you in your green transformation, “how-to” seminars, and
presentations from keynote speakers on the Green Vision Stage presented by
PG&E. Other features you will want to see are the NARI Green Showroom,
Great Green Market Place sponsored by Whole Foods Market, and Kids Go
Green sponsored by California Waste Solutions. Greenfair Silicon Valley is
the event to help everyone become ecologically aware and reduce their
carbon footprint!

Attendees will find exhibitors with displays and information and hear
speakers and watch demonstrations of green products technologies, and
services, including:

    * Solar and other alternative power sources
    * Ways to cut energy and water costs using fewer resources
    * Green strategies for home and work
    * Pollution solutions
    * Fuel-efficient vehicles
    * All forms of recycling
    * Mass transit
    * And much more!

Who Should Attend?

    * Local and national government environmental groups
    * Builders, contractors, and architects interested in entering the
green industry
    * Small business owners wanting to transition to green business and/or
green business practices
    * Large business owners and employees who are or want to improve their
company’s corporate social and community governance
    * Transportation company directors and managers
    * Homeowners interested in modifying their homes and lives to be more
ecologically friendly
    * Anyone else who wants to learn how to adopt or already has embraced
sustainability!