[Sosfbay-discuss] Fw:[GPCA Official Notice] Apply for GPCA Member of GPUS National Committee

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Sun Jun 15 17:00:58 PDT 2008

Warner and I serve on the Green National Committee as delegates, so if you
have any questions about what it is to be a GNC member or any of the
important GP-US committees please ask.  I find it very fulfilling work.

Green is Nationwide!

Subject: [GPCA Official Notice] Apply for GPCA Member of GPUS National
Committee
From:    "County Contacts" <contacts2006 at lists.cagreens.org>
Date:    Sun, June 15, 2008 12:40
To:      "County Contacts" <Contacts2006 at cagreens.org>

GREEN PARTY COUNTY CONTACTS MESSAGE

This is an announcement from the GPCA Contact List.  For more information,
or questions related to the topic of the posting, please do not hit reply.
 Follow the contact directions
stated in the email.

Announcement/Open for application:
Position of GPCA Delegation member (or alternate) to the Green Party of
United States National Committee

Election at August 23-24 GPCA General Assembly
Applications due June 24th, 2007; send to applications at cagreens.org

------------------------------

Dear GPCA member,

The Green Party of California is always looking for interested members to
serve at the national level of the Green Party. We strongly encourage those
who self-identify as
a minority, whether by gender, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, or
disability.

Currently, the GPCA has been allocated 42 Delegate seats and 42 Alternate
seats. and all delegation seats were filled at the April General  Assembly
in Berkeley. It is expected that there will be eight open seats to be filled
to be filled at elections by the General Assembly at the GPCA Plenary in
Orange County on August 23-24.  There are also 27 open seats for alternates,
though some current delegates will also run as alternate instead.

The job description for these positions is at
www.cagreens.org/cc/co-cos/job_gpus_delegation.php
Some more information on delegate expectations can be found at
http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/delegate_guidelines.shtml

To apply, you must send your biography/applications in at least 60 days in
advance of the August General Assembly, as is specified in our state party
bylaws, and for possible inclusion in the plenary packet.

An editable application (including space for an optional campaign statement)
can be found at
  www.cagreens.org/cc/co-cos/application_gpus_delegation.rtf .
Applications/bios will be posted at
http://www.cagreens.org/cc/co-cos/applications_2008_02/gpus_delegation/<http://www.cagreens.org/cc/co-cos/applications_2007_02/gpus_delegation/>

(Past applications are available for review linked from the delgation
website)

www.cagreens.org/delegates<http://www.cagreens.org/cc/co-cos/applications_2007/gpus_delegation>

PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION BY JUNE 24th TO applications at cagreens.org . It
will then go onto a website to be viewed by all.

Because the GPUS delegation often makes its own recommendations to GPCA
General Assembly delegates about who to choose as National Committee
members, we in the GPUS delegation also want to know more about you.  So
please send a copy of your application to one or both of the delegation
co-chairs listed below. We also prefer those who have already been involved
on the state and/or county party level. (If you think we may not be
familiar with your Green Party activity, please send a referral from a state
or
county representative.)

For more information about the GPCA's delegation to the GPUS, including a
roster of current members, you can go to
www.cagreens.org/delegates<http://www.votegreen.org/gpus-ca>

Feel free to contact the Co-Chairs with your questions. We look forward  to
hearing from you. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sanda Everette - sanda at greens.org
Greg Jan - gregjan4 at yahoo.com
GPCA California Delegation to GPUS, Co-Chairs