[Sosfbay-discuss] Bicycle Music Festival in San Francisco Last Saturday

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Mon Jun 23 16:17:03 PDT 2008

This event was so organic it set new standards for organic entertainment
in my life. The music was provided by local musicians. They passed the
bucket for volunteer pay. The power to shake the speaker cones and
amplify the music came from the legs of volunteers pedaling the power
generators that were extracycle bikes when they weren't doing that.
The vibe was great. I only wish my pictures captured more of it:

http://tian.greens.org/SanFrancisco/BicycleMusicFestival/index.html

One of the neat things that happened was that the event was the kickoff
of distribution of the San Francisco Green Map, a great resource for
comprehending the scope and depth of the green movement in SF and to
some extent the surrounding area. The woman gave me a few extra copies
to spread around. If you want one let me know...
--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org