[Sosfbay-discuss] GP Concerns? Deadline 3/27!!

Andrea Dorey andid at cagreens.org
Thu Mar 13 11:14:15 PDT 2008

Begin forwarded message:

Date: March 11, 2008 12:31:57 PM PDT
Subject: Re: EAA Special Notification

Dear Andrea Dorey,

On March 27th, the California Air Resources Board (CARB) is scheduled
to vote on a change to their Zero Emissions Vehicle (ZEV) program
that could delay production EVs another decade.  The Electric Auto
Association urges you to take action to make California aware that
you want production EVs back on the roads.  We have set up a website
to help.  The ZEV goals were once 2% in 1998, 3% in 2001, and 10% in
2003, but later the program was put off a decade.

Now as the end of that decade draws near, CARB staff proposes to
delay another decade.  Staff calls for 840 vehicles per year (0.04%)
in 2012 through 2014.  The old 1998 target is fifty times what is now
being proposed for 16 years later.  In 2015 CARB proposes only 0.4%.
The 2012 goals do not even approach the number of vehicles previously
shown to be possible.

The EAA does not normally use email except for membership reminders.
Because of urgent upcoming decision that may affect EVs to years to
come, we are sending this email to ask that you join a low-traffic
mailing list that the EAA will use to alert you to developments where
your emails, letters, faxes, phone calls, etc. could make a big
difference.  Participation is optional, but please do consider
joining and help us advocate for EVs in important battles, such the
one that will be decided on 3/27.

For further information about what you can do to let California know
you want a meaningful ZEV program, please visit:

    http://www.eaaev.org/action/

This page also has details on how to join our EV-advocacy mailing
list to get future notices.

Sincerely,

Ron Freund

Checked by AVG.