[Sosfbay-discuss] Okay -- I'll Shut Up

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Sat Mar 22 12:37:52 PDT 2008

Dear Friends,

 The time has come for me to shut up.?

I have slowly but surely worked my way to a point-of-view that EVERYBODY in the world disagrees with.?

In 1903 W.E.B. Du Bois wrote in "The Souls of Black Folk" that:

"The problem of the Twentieth Century is the problem of the color-line."

One hundred and five years later, his words are still true.?

loyalty to color and "race" trumps everything else.? And it is my fate
to be born into a tribe where all my education, my experience as a
peace and justice activist, my experience from twenty years as a
professional computer programmer, and all my knowledge from traveling
the country and overseas in my fifty-eight years MEANS NOTHING compared
to the overwhelming fact of the color of my skin.?

January 20, 2009 -- Let us toast... President John McCain!?

Alex Walker