[Sosfbay-discuss] project vote smart

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 3 10:19:17 PDT 2008

Project Vote Smart will be in San Jose in August.We should be there -
site TBD - to show our support.
Here is the announcement I have received:

Dear Project Member,
Our bus is heading towards your state.  Here is the tentative schedule
we have put together thus far:

August 19: San Francisco
August 20: San Jose

*DEMOCRAT NATIONAL CONVENTION, DENVER, CO AUGUST 24-28
*REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION, MINNEAPOLIS, MN SEPTEMBER 1-4

As you can see from our schedule our great Purple Bus Tour is coming to
your area.  We will let you know specifics as we have everything set.
In the meantime we are very interested in any assistance you might
provide.  First, we need members who can help set up a good location
and/or tie-in event on the date listed where we can put the bus.  It is
essential that the location be centrally located to make it easy for the
media to attend and hopefully some place where there will be good
pedestrian traffic so that people will take a minute to come in and see
the incredible Voter's Self-Defense System we have all helped create.

The bus of course has free wi-fi, computer terminals and a movie theater
to help show people how it all works. In addition, we have a couple of
fun items traveling with the bus and need a couple of members to
volunteer to help with.  One, is and enormous rolling flag where voters
can send messages to candidates about their behavior - it will be
delivered in Washington, D.C. election week.  Two, is an enormous dart
board, where citizens can pop balloons with the mudslinger comments made
during this campaign and expose the real issues that hide underneath.

Please reply to this email if you think you can help set up a stop for
our bus in your area.  Thank you so much for your support.

Richard Kimball and Jon Arnold
Project Vote Smart