[Sosfbay-discuss] Brezenoff for congress??? Maybe 2010

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Thu May 22 17:13:10 PDT 2008

Dear Dan,

These comments just go to show that we have not forgotten what a great candidate you were, Daniel.? Remember, I was the original "Doubting Thomas" on this e-list when you first announced your candidacy.? Nevertheless, the first couple of times I saw you in action I was totally impressed.? Don't be so humble about not being "cut out for politics."? You were a great candidate and Laura Richardson was (and is) terrible.? If the California Green Party
had been able to raise $100,000 (which we ought to be able to do in the
big state of California), you might have actually won the doggone
thing.?

In 2008, running as a half-assed incumbent, Laura Richardson probably won't have to campaign to win 80% of the vote in November.? If Barack Obama had, indeed, been "Kicked to the curb" by the Democratic Party bosses like I expected, Richardson and the rest of those two-timing rats would be catching hell from the Black community.?

Daniel, I am fifty-eight.? My wife is sixty-three.? My time is passing, but you and your wife are young.? The Green Hour is coming.? I do believe it.? If the Democrats blow it in November (as dysfunctional as they are, they just might), then the historic Democratic Party of the United States may collapse.? If the Democrats win it in November, then President Obama is gonna catch hell like nobody's business from all sides.? Either way, there is going to be a lot of new people who for various reasons are going to take another look at the idea of the Green Party.? And Cynthia McKinney is smashing the stereotype that the Green Party is a "white folks" thing.? Just wait until we see more weird weather and gasoline is $6.00 or $7.00 a gallon -- then people will be ready to listen.?

People are going to demand an alternative.? We are it.? The 2010 mid-term election... that will be a good year for Greens.?

Alex Walker