[Sosfbay-discuss] Fw: Repeal Prop 8

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Mon Nov 17 11:28:52 PST 2008

--- On Mon, 11/17/08, Rosie Yacoub <rayacoub at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Rosie Yacoub <rayacoub at yahoo.com>
Subject: Repeal Prop 8
To: carolineyacoub at att.net
Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 6:24 AM

Hi,

Have you signed the pledge to repeal Prop 8?

I just did. And over 200,000 other people have signed the pledge from the Courage Campaign, CREDO Mobile, and MoveOn.org to repeal Prop 8 and restore marriage equality to California:

http://www.couragecampaign.org/RepealProp8

The proposition process, while democratic in its intentions, is not the right method to legislate personal rights.  In this case it's obvious--the rights of the minority were overrun by bigotry and fear that people feel safe expressing in a voting booth.

We all need to talk to our family and friends about the importance of restoring marriage equality to California.

That is why I am asking you to sign the pledge to repeal Prop 8 and to tell your friends by forwarding this message.

Thanks.