[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: We have the chance to put a Green in Congress!]

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 22 18:24:40 PST 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: We have the chance to put a Green in Congress!
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 15:47:36 -0500 (EST)
From: Green Party of the United States <office at gp.org>
To: santaclara at cagreens.org

Back to GP.org
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=211878454&url_num=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gp.org%2F>

[Green Party]
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=211878454&url_num=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gp.org%2F>

The Green Party Outreach Committee says:

"Let's send Malik Rahim to the US House of Representatives!"

Malik Rahim, founder of Common Ground Relief, is running in Congress for
New Orleans District 2 in a special election on December 6th.

Under Malik's leadership, the Common Ground Collective opened the first
free health clinic in the city of New Orleans, helped reopen schools,
gutted over 3,000 homes that needed repair in the Ninth Ward of New
Orleans, and provided direct services to nearly 200,000 returning
residents. He is former Black Panther, co-founder -of the anti-death
penalty group "Pilgrimage for Life," with Sister Helen Prejean. On
November 12, Malik Rahim received the Thomas Merton
Award(http://www.thomasmertoncenter.org
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=211878454&url_num=3&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thomasmertoncenter.org%2F>)

for his work in community organizing and providing relief in the
aftermath of Hurricane Katrina

We need you to help him win!

You can help make this happen by:

Donate
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=211878454&url_num=4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.votemalik.com%2Fcontribute%2F>:

Giving now, and getting others to do the same will ensure Malik has the
resources to purchase airtime for more radio ads -the first ads start
today at $26 each, buy more yard signs and ensure the campaignb has the
resources to run a SUCESSFUL CAMPAIGN!
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=211878454&url_num=5&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.votemalik.com%2Fcontribute%2F>

Volunteer from Home
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=211878454&url_num=6&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsalsa.wiredforchange.com%2Fo%2F1488%2Ft%2F689%2FsignUp.jsp%3Fkey%3D2078>:

Help make calls from your home to voters in Malik district. The more
people we talk to, the more VOTES we get!
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=211878454&url_num=7&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsalsa.wiredforchange.com%2Fo%2F1488%2Ft%2F689%2FsignUp.jsp%3Fkey%3D2078>

Learn more about Malik at : www.votemalik.com
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=211878454&url_num=8&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.votemalik.com%2F>.

Let's put a Green in Congress! Malik has the reputation and experience
to do it.

So PLEASE do what you can and ALSO send this message to your state and
local lists.

[Donate to GP Fund]
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=211878454&url_num=9&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.democracyinaction.com%2Fdia%2Forganizations%2FGreens%2Fshop%2Fcustom.jsp%3Fdonate_page_KEY%3D1257>

The Green Party takes no money from real estate companies, investment
firms, or insurance companies; In fact, we don't take any corporate
money because we think corporate money in politics is wrong. If you
agree, please help us today. Your donation to the Green Party will help
make sure we have a strong Green party today and into the future, so
that we can support candidates like Malik.

Email:
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?key=211878454&url_num=10&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gp.org%2Fdonate.shtml>office at gp.org

<mailto:office at gp.org>
Office: PO Box 57065 Washington, D.C. 20037 202-319-7191 or toll-free
(US): 866-41GREEN

<http://www.democracyinaction.com/dia/TrackImage?key=211878454>