[Sosfbay-discuss] Fw: Greens support demonstrations vs. Prop 8

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Sun Nov 23 02:49:27 PST 2008

Subject: [GPCA-MediaComm] Coverage for GPCA. Please add to our webpage.
From:    civillib at comcast.net
Date:    Wed, November 19, 2008 23:13

Well, we may have put out the release, but only said we "supported" the
demonstrations. Here, the ABC station in the capital city/Sacramento,
stated it
was organized by the Green Party of California...simply because we put out
the
release on our letterhead. That's incorrect. But I also had a call from the
largest radio news station in Northern California. Sigh. But we get credit,
albeit wrong, on the ABC station reach from north of Sacramento all the
way to
Modesto. Several million people.

It pays to put out releases.

Guess we can add this to our links/press coverage pages.

Cres

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=50592&catid=2

Gay Marriage Supporters Rally Against Prop 8
Posted By: Jason Kobely     4 days ago

SACRAMENTO, CA - For a second straight weekend, hundreds of gay marriage
supporters marched on the State Capitol Saturday in opposition to
California's controversial Proposition 8.

After a rally at Cesar Chavez Park organized by the Green Party of
California, more than 1,000 demonstrators marched to the Capitol in a show
of support for gay and lesbian marriage rights in California.

A small group of gay marriage opponents stood across the street from the
rally, but no major clashes between the two sides were reported.

The rally was one of several planned across California and around the
country Saturday following the passage of Prop 8 earlier this month.

Organizers expected as many as 1 million people to attend events in 65
cities statewide Saturday.

In Massachusetts, the state where same-sex couples first exchanged wedding
vows, speakers at Boston's City Hall called for "equal rights across the
country."

Massachusetts and Connecticut are the only two state that allow gay marriage.

Low-key protests were held Saturday in Grand Forks, North Dakota, and in
Fargo, where people lined a bridge carrying signs and flags.

A state constitutional ban on same-sex marriage in North Dakota was
overwhelmingly approved four years ago.

There were other demonstrations Saturday in New York, Chicago and
Philadelphia.

News10/KXTV
Copyright 2008 / All Rights Reserved