[Sosfbay-discuss] Fwd: Appeal to Members of the Green Party of California to Help Vic Sadot Get Settled in California

by way of Carol Brouillet <cbrouillet@igc.org> vasyvic at aol.com
Mon Oct 6 19:38:11 PDT 2008

Subject: Appeal to Members of the Green Party of California to Help
Vic Sadot Get Settled in California

Appeal To Members of the Green Party of California to Help Activist
Singer-Songwriter Vic Sadot

The message below was originally sent in late August from Dave
McCorquodale, Green Party of Delaware, to try to line up some help
from Green Party of California activists for activist
singer-songwriter Vic Sadot. My truck engine blew in Evanston,
Wyoming, and I was stranded there for two weeks while I waited for a
used engine to be delivered and installed. My meager resources
evaporated. An appeal for gas money from friends back in Delaware
finally enabled me to get to San Francisco. I had a place to stay for
a week in Oakland, but I spent the last three days living in the back
of my truck. And that's where I will be tonight again. Nonetheless, I
played for Cynthia McKinney at the Marin County Green Party
fundraiser for her last Sunday and she called out the names of my
songs. I also played for the Green Party at Foothill Community
College last Wednesday where Carol Brouillet spoke to the students. I
also attended the Thursday meeting of the Northern California 9/11
Truth Alliance. I hope you will check out what Dave wrote on my
behalf and the links to the songs I sing. I think I could be a great
asset to the Green Party of California if I can manage to stick
around long enough to find a way to relocate here. Vic Sadot

Green Friends,
    I am writing to ask you to help Vic Sadot when he is in the San
Francisco Area. He is traveling
to California and will spend some time in Templeton and some time
around SF. He doesn't have much resources. He's a talented musician,
a supporter of Cynthia McKinney, and active in the 9/11 Truth
movement. (Sadot is pronounced as Sa-doe)

Vic is a Green Party member known for his topical songs and also for
his Cajun/Zydeco band called Planete Folle (Crazy Planet). He has
just completed a one year VISTA assignment and is planning to visit
an old friend from Delaware and his wife. They live in Templeton, CA.

Last September Vic met Cynthia McKinney at a local Delaware living
room (Green Party) gathering when whe was traveling by car from Maine
to Louisiana. Vic gave Cynthia a CD for her road trip, and he got the
following endorsement not long after that.

Vic's resources are somewhat marginal. So Vic would welcome any help
along the way, such as places to crash, places to play, introductions
to musicians and activists who may need a singer-songwriter in the
tradition of Woody Guthrie, Phil Ochs, and Bob Dylan. He's been
giving away his political songs on the internet at places like
MySpace and LastFM. Check them out! You can reach Vic at
<mailto:frogjogger at aol.com>frogjogger at aol.com (or call him on his cell phone
302-607-1884).

Cynthia McKinney, former 6 term Congresswoman from Georgia, current
Green Party Presidential candidate and a convenor of tribunals
investigating 9/11 & criminal negligence in the response to Hurricane Katrina.

Vic Sadot's music produces in me a wide range of reactions from awe
to action to tears. Cheney's in the Bunker produces awe because every
line of that song is power-packed with information that most people
don't know because it was omitted from the 9/11 Commission report.
Ballad of William Rodriguez and Ballad of Pat Tillman give you so
much information and make you want to act to find the truth about
9/11 and reach out to Pat Tillman's parents for their tremendous loss
and the Pentagon's lies about it.

Finally, The Kidnapping Coup, about the US-inspired kindapping of
Haiti's President, Jean-Bertrand Aristide, brings me to tears. On
song after song, Sadot tells us too much of the sad, sad truth. Not
only have I found in Vic a new friend who understands my passion for
what is right, I've found someone who knows how to artistically
communicate the critical issues of our day. I listen to Vic's songs
every day, either while listening to them on CD, or while replaying
them in my head.

Vic Sadot's Crazy Planet Band at MySpace offers free political songs
in mp3 format: Cheney's in the Bunker, Ballad of William Rodriguez,
Are You a Citizen or Are You a Slave, Mad Cowboy Disease, Ballad of
Pat Tillman,
and Vic's tribute to Phil Ochs called Broadside Balladeer.
<http://www.myspace.com/vicsadotscrazyplanetband>http://www.myspace.com/vicsadotscrazyplanetband

One reason Vic came to California is that he is one of the 30 plus
featured songwriters on No Lies Radio,
based in San Francisco, the only station to broadcast Green Party
Presidential contender debates and the 2008 Convention:
<http://www.noliesradio.org/>http://www.noliesradio.org

Vic Sadot Booking Kit at Sonicbids.com
<http://www.sonicbids.com/vicsadot>http://www.sonicbids.com/vicsadot

Vic is also a prolific essayist or blogger as we say these days. He
has posted lyrics and discussions for numerous songs and topics at
Last FM internet radio base in the UK:
<http://www.last.fm/music/vic+sadot>http://www.last.fm/music/vic+sadot

The official site of Vic Sadot Music Projects:
<http://www.vicsadot.com/>http://www.vicsadot.com

CD Baby has Vic's Broadsides & Retrospectives CD and they can be
bought as single mp3's.
The Best of 25 Years of Vic Sadot Recordings: 19 original folk, rock,
blues songs.
<http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/vicsadot2>http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/vicsadot2

McCain or Obama? Stay updated on coverage of the Presidential race
while you browse -
<http://toolbar.aol.com/elections/download.html?ncid=emlweusdown00000001>Download
Now!