[Sosfbay-discuss] Election Forum September 25th/More Information

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Wed Sep 10 16:37:52 PDT 2008

I spoke by telephone with Jerry Fang this afternoon.  He explained  that this
forum will be mostly about ballot measures and that candidates or  candidate
representatives will NOT have speaking time.  He said a table  would be
provided for literatute and that the expectation is that the literature  will
emphasize our presidential and vp candidates.  He indicated  that tablers should
show up about a half hour before the program start  time.  So...  It's important
to make sure there is literture about  Cynthia McKinney and Rosa Clemente to
have at that event along with voter reg  cards and general GPSCC info.
_Warner_ (mailto:Warner at aol.com)

Below is a copy of the material I gave to Jim Doyle last night re the
September 25th program at the United Way building.  Several people said  they would
attend.  Jim Doyle has the volunteers list.  Someone  needs to take on the
assignment of contacting Mr. Fang and finding  out details about tabling. .
Warner

To  whom it may concern:

=20

My name is Jerry Fang, and I'm  contacting you on behalf of Asian
Americans for Community Involvement, a  non-profit community organization
in the Silicon  Valley.

=20

On September 25th, we are organizing a nonpartisan  election forum event
where voters can come and learn about the pertinent  issues that are
facing Californians on the November ballot.  We  invite your campaign to
provide resources and materials for tabling and  would certainly welcome
a representative to table the event.  We  will have campaign resource
information available to all attendees. In  addition, we will be
discussing a select number of propositions and local  measures.  This is
a nonpartisan event and as 501c3s, we cannot  endorse candidates,
however, we are using this as an educational event to  provide
information on all propositions and candidates to the  community.

=20

The event is slated to begin at 6:30 and will  include a couple rounds of
discussion as well as a general overview of  selected propositions.
Materials and voter registration booths will also  be provided. =20

=20

The event will be held on Thursday,  September 25, 2008, 6:30pm at the
United Way
Building, located at 1922  The Alameda Suite 208, San Jose, CA 95126.

=20

I've CC-ed the  Director of Community Programs and Advocacy, Anne Im.
Feel free to  contact either of us if you have any questions or would
like more  information.  My phone number is (408) 975-2730x145.  If I  am
not available, Anne's extension is 131 at the same number.  =20

=20

=20

We look forward to hearing back from you  soon!

=20

Yours truly,

=20

Jerry  Fang

Asian Americans for Community Involvement

2400 Moorpark  Avenue, Suite 300

San Jose, CA 95128

=20

For more  information on this event, please visit:  www.firstthursdays.org
<http://www.firstthursdays.org/>=20

=20

Organized  by South Bay First Thursdays and Asian Pacific Islander
Justice Coalition  Members:

Asian American Recovery Services * Asian American Women's  Alliance *
Asian Americans for Community Involvement * Asian Law Alliance  * Asian
Pacific American Leadership Institute * Asian Pacific Bar  Association *
Cambodian American Resource Agency * Contemporary Asian  Theatre Scene *
Filipino National History Society, Santa Clara Chapter *  Filipino Youth
Coalition * Filipino Community Support, Silicon Valley  (FOCUS) *
Japanese American Citizens League of San Jose * Japantown  Community
Congress of San Jose * Korean American Community Services, Inc.  * Maitri
* MALAYA * Mekong Community Center * Nihonmachi Outreach  Committee *
Organization of Chinese Americans, Silicon Valley * South Bay  First
Thursdays * Southeast Asia Community Center * Vision New America  *
Vietnamese Voluntary Foundation (VIVO) * Yu-Ai-Kai *  International
Children Assistance Network * Akbayan (SJSU) * Vietnamese  American Bar
Association of Northern California

The Asian Pacific  Islander Justice Coalition is a network of Asian
Pacific Islander (API)  focused organizations that work together to
empower and advocate for the  API community. Our mission is to advocate
for social justice, and unite  and empower the Asian Pacific  Islander
Community.

=20