[Sosfbay-discuss] Krugman on Looking Forward

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 24 10:56:13 PDT 2009

   "[S]ome of the people who should have spoken out against what was

happening, but didn’t, now declare that we should forget the whole
era
— for the sake of the country, of course.

   "Sorry, but what we
really should do for the sake of the country is
have investigations
both of torture and of the march to war. These
investigations should,
where appropriate, be followed by prosecutions —
not out of
vindictiveness, but because this is a nation of laws.

    "We need
to do this for the sake of our future. For this isn’t about
looking
backward, it’s about looking forward — because it’s about
reclaiming
America’s soul."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/24/opinion/24krugman.html?ref=opinion