[Sosfbay-discuss] Protest When John Yoo Starts Teaching on Monday

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 15 09:21:18 PDT 2009

   John Yoo will start his Civil Procedure class at Boalt Law School in
Berkeley on Monday afternoon, August 17.   A protest has been
organized by  World Can't Wait, Fire John Yoo!, Progressive
Democrats of America, National Lawyers Guild Committee Against
Torture, Meiklejohn Civil Liberties Institute, Psychologists for an
Ethical APA, and Code Pink.

   A press conference will take place at 1:30; the protest starts at
2:30.  I believe the class starts at 3:30.

   Yoo is not just the torture lawyer; recently it's been disclosed
that he also wrote memos justifying the illegal surveillance and
the use of US troops against Americans on US soil.

   Boalt Law School is at the south-east corner of campus at the
top of Bancroft near the International House.   If anyone wants
a ride (I'll be driving my Mom's Volvo, not my jalopy) let me know.
I will be videotaping and will not put myself in a position to be
arrested if I am responsible to drive others home.