[Sosfbay-discuss] FW: [SVAC] Eshoo opts for telephone Town Hall meetings, 8/24; plus one live for 8/26, Menlo Park

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 20 16:15:34 PDT 2009

Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:08:13 -0700
Subject: RE: [SVAC] Eshoo opts for telephone Town Hall meetings, 8/24; plus one live for 8/26, Menlo Park

   Anna seems to be holding narrow, issue-based town halls instead of open meetings.
I find this somewhat disingenuous.  Lawrence Lessig says that your average
Congresscritter spends 40 to 60% of its time raising campaign funds.  As treasurer to
Carol Brouillet's ($6 thousand) 2006 congressional campaign I find it very disturbing
that Anna raises $1.5 million for a campaign that appears to cost her less than $50
thousand.

  I would like to know what percentage of her time she spends in needless fundraising
(influence peddling) as opposed to serving the needs of her constituents.