[Sosfbay-discuss] Read & Comment on Timothy Brick's Op-Ed about the Delta

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Wed Aug 26 17:06:53 PDT 2009

Dear Green Friends,

Read & Comment on Timothy Brick's Op-Ed about the Delta

The Los Angeles Times published an Op-Ed by Timothy Brick, chairman of
the board of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California,
claiming that "plans to manage the San Joaquin delta --the hub of the
state's water system -- have finally got it right."

That is an extraordinary claim.

The Los Angeles Times, Wednesday, August 26, 2009

OP-ED: WINNING THE WATER WAR

by Timothy F. Brick

?
A generation ago, Southern California water managers thought
they had the solution for dealing with the hub of the state's water
system -- the magnificent Northern California estuary known as the
Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta. They wanted to build a canal from
the delta to the existing aqueduct system that sustains San Joaquin
Valley agriculture and Southern California.

?

They were wrong. And now we finally have the chance to do it right.

. . .
For the delta, chances like this don't come along very
often. We've never seen an entire package like this that advances water
policy and makes the responsible plumbing changes. We're at the brink
of a sustainable water future for California -- if we seize the moment.

Will those of you who know much more about this issue
than me please follow the link, read the full text, and leave a
comment. Is Mr. Brick right? If not, why not? How should Green
activists respond to this challenge?

?

Please Read the Full Text of the Op-Ed and Leave a Comment at my blog:

?

Original Los Angeles Times URL:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-brick26-2009aug26,0,6459448.story

?