[Sosfbay-discuss] GPUS delegates/alternates

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 10 15:45:00 PST 2009

GREEN PARTY COUNTY CONTACTS MESSAGE

This is an announcement from the GPCA Contact List.  For more information,
or questions related to the topic of the posting, please do not hit reply.
Follow the contact directions stated in the email.

*HOW TO APPLY FOR A Green National Committee (GNC) DELEGATE
OR ALTERNATE SEAT:*

Dear Greens,

The Green Party of California is always looking for interested
California Greens to serve at the national level of the Green Party
(GPUS). The only strict requirement is that you be a registered Green in
California.

We prefer those who have served in some capacity at the state and/or
county party level and will ask for a referral from a state or county
representative, if we're not familiar with your green party activity. We
strongly encourage those who self-identify as a minority, whether by
region, gender, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, or disability.

California has 42 Delegate seats and we are able to have as many as 42
Alternate seats...though 15-20 is more realistic. There will be 16 seats
open for Delegate and up to 29 seats open for alternates.

There will be elections by the General Assembly at the GPCA Plenary in
San Jose County on March 6-7 for these seats, by IRV. According to our
by-laws, we need your  bios/applications 60 days before the plenary so
please send it as soon as possible or by January 5.  Please mail your
candidate statement to applications at cagreens.org
<mailto:applications at cagreens.org>
<mailto:applications at cagreens.org>

Your statement should include biographical information about positions,
experience, skills, and/or service that you have had (both within and
outside of the Green Party), along with your vision or commitment for
the position.  (Please see statements submitted by previous candidates
for examples, here: http://cagreens.org/delegates/election/.

On that page you will also find links to an editable application
- application for delegate position
<http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/election/application_gpus_delegation.rtf

delegate job description as described by GPCA Bylaws
<http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/election/notice_gpus_delegation_2007.php>

Please indicate whether you are applying to be a delegate or an alternate.

It is helpful if you are familiar with the delegate and alternate
duties, guidelines, and expectations, which are listed on our state
party website at:
  http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/delegate_guidelines.shtml

Of course, please be sure to forward this message to all relevant local
and county listserves and e-mail lists!  And thanks in advance for
helping us to maintain California's delegation to the national party!

Sanda Everette - sanda at greens.org <mailto:sanda at greens.org>
<mailto:sanda at greens.org>
<mailto:sanda at greens.org <mailto:sanda at greens.org>>
GPCA California Delegation to GPUS, Co-Chair