[Sosfbay-discuss] Anyone heard of SB 810, CA's single-payer bill?

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 20 21:42:08 PST 2009

I never heard of it until today.

Joseph Cannon blogged about it yesterday.

http://cannonfire.blogspot.com/2009/12/single-payer-is-possible.html

Cannon's a conspiracy theorist who thinks the federal health care bill is going to supersede the CA bill.  I trust him.  He was the one who broke the story about the box on Bush's back after his girlfriend noticed it on TV.  He shows a sophisticated understanding of journalistic ethics.

I thought the federal bill was a done deal--that's what I took from the media coverage.  Not at all--the vote is tomorrow.

There's a funny 30-second video about it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF0AJ4fp0eg&feature=player_embedded