[Sosfbay-discuss] Jan.5. Meeting (Corrcted Date)

Fred Duperrault fredd at freeshell.org
Wed Jan 7 22:48:27 PST 2009

Greens,

I absentmindedly sent this to the GPSCC Discuss list. It was meant for
the board members of the Citizens for a U.N. Peoples Assembly.

I think this was the first time I made this kind of a blunder.

Fred D.

Dear CUNPA Board (Or Executive Committee? Or Steering Committee?) Friends,

It was good to be with you all, on Monday, January 5, and share in the
discussions on what will be the role and direction of the CUNPA.

I think the consensus determined that the major focus of the
organization will be centered on the development and implementation of
strategies and actions to promote the establishment of a United Nations
Parliamentary Assembly based on democratic representation.

Although my proposal to grant $40,000 to the very successful KDUN  was
thought to be excessive, most of the group seemed to agree that a $5,000
grant would be more appropriate.  We didn't, however, according to my
recollection, put it to a vote to award the grant.  (My position is that
the funds that remain in the treasury should be appropriated to projects
and programs that will bring the best possible results.  Hence, if other
organizations' projects and programs are proving to be much more
successful, they should receive the funding necessary to enlarge upon
their successes.)

To meet the standards that will justify the continuation of the CUNPA, I
think we agreed that:

1) The major focus will be on promoting the establishment of a UN
Parliamentary Assembly
that will empower the UN to represent the best interests  of the whole
global community, versus the self-interests of individual nations,
corporations, cultures and religions.

2) The organization (KDUN) that is best demonstrating impressive
successes in promoting the establishment of a U.N. Parliamentary
Assembly should receive CUNPA moral, active and financial support.

3) CUNPA will develop a program - or project - that will solicit open
support for a UN Parliament from current and past members of the U.S.
House of Representative and Senate,
as well as from students, academic scholars,  lawyers,  news media,
nonprofit  NGOs, etc.

4)  The  "Empower the U.N. " web site will make its major purpose  the
promotion for the establishment of a U.N. Parliamentary Assembly.

5)  A portion of CUNPA resources should be used  to target particularly
appropriate audiences through various modes of the media.

6)  The contracts of Sue Zipp and Linda Morrow will remain in effect
through March 31 (or April 30?) 2009.

7)  A plan should be developed to raise enough funds to become
self-supporting.  The potential the web site has for fund raising is
something that should be exploited.

8)  Enrolling volunteers to work with the "Executive Committee"  in
carrying out  the above agenda ought to be a high priority.

9) A search for a treasurer to succeed our invaluable David Pleasants
will have to be recruited if he resigns that service.

All of the above will be a tall order.

Please reply, if you wish, with any comments, corrections and additions
you may have.

With warm best wishes for all.

Fred