[Sosfbay-discuss] American Citizens Summit

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Fri Jan 9 09:26:02 PST 2009

(Here is a link and details about the Citizens'
Summit which I'll be attending with members of
the Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance.  We
will also have a booth.  I can help people get
the $200 Registration rate- if anyone else is
interested in attending.) Carol Brouillet

I also got an email from the main organizer
saying "one of the ideas that's gaining
credibility from this is the potential as an outcome of an informal
Transpartisan Sunshine Cabinet including Nader,
Kucinich, Paul, McKinney, and Chuck Baldwin. " -
I know that I was very moved by the Press
Conference Ron Paul organized with excluded
Presidential Candidates last September, who
represented the majority of most Americans, and
raised our issues- the issues the Dem and
Republican candidates refused to address.

http://www.transpartisan.net/index.php?src=gendocs&ref=Event%20Description_Web&category=American%20Citizens%20Summit

American Citizens' Summit
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 6:00 pm -
Sunday, February 15, 2009 12:00 pm (Mountain Time)

Sheraton Denver Hotel
1550 Court Place
Denver, CO 80202

ATTENTION:
    * Inspired citizen leaders
    * Conservatives, Liberals, Greens, Independents, Libertarians
    * Innovators, visionaries and pioneers
    * Bridgebuilders, mediators, facilitators
    * Leaders of grassroots networks
    * Business and industry leaders
Be a co-founder of the
Transpartisan movement!
The
<http://www.transpartisan.net/index.php?src=>Transpartisan
Alliance invites you to join us February 11-15,
2009, in Denver, CO. at the American Citizens'
Summit to build bridges of trust, respect and
communication across divides by engaging in small
and large group facilitated processes about a)
the values that unite us as Americans, b) issues
of common concern to all and c) areas of potential transpartisan cooperation.

[]

Theme
    * "A house divided against itself cannot stand"
Focalizing Topics
    * Citizen solutions for energy
    * Citizen solutions for the economy
    * Citizen solutions for accountable, transparent governance

Process
    * Create a safe place to confront judgments
that divide us and search for values that unite us.
    * Re-build bridges of trust, respect and
communication and search for unlikely allies.
    * Create an opportunity for all agendas --
left, right, center -- to be heard, respected and valued.
Who Should Be a Delegate?

•    You are a concerned leader who is willing to
start bridging across political divides.
•    You are a concerned citizen who is willing
to start bridging across political divides.
•    You are willing to engage in facilitated
dialogue about the judgments that divide us and
the values that unite us as Americans.
•    You have a voice to be heard and understand
that you won’t be asked to set aside your firmly held values and beliefs.
•    You want to experience leading edge
“deliberative democracy” techniques like keypad
voting to sort through issues where transpartisan alignment can be found.

Why Attend?

•    You care about a polarizing topic/issue
enough to use this opportunity to make progress.
•    You want to be part of an effort to transform polarized partisan politics.
•    You want to be part of the launch and
refinement of the Transpartisan Alliance and movement.
•    You want to be part of the “learning lab”
for innovating and integrating frameworks, tools,
and processes for collaboration that work in the toughest situations.

What you will receive:

•    The chance to network with empowered
citizens and leaders from all over the nation.
•    The opportunity to honestly assess the state
of our Union and the balance of power in America.
•    The opportunity to speak truthfully and
safely about what you think the real issues are.
•    The opportunity to present your vision for
where we want America to be in five years.
•    The opportunity to co-create solutions that
overwhelming majorities of Americans can say "Yes!" to.
•    Online tools and support to go home and
convene a local Transpartisan Alliance group.
•    Online tools to connect your group to the
emerging network of Transpartisan Alliance groups.

Likely outcomes:

•    You are stretched, refreshed and energized in your own work.
•    Connect with others, find synergies, forge unlikely partnerships.
•    We find breakthrough, transpartisan
initiatives in energy, the economy, and
governance which could not have been conceived
without the mix of perspectives.
  •    We create a strategic plan for gaining
broad support for our initiatives.
•    We begin to shape a new and larger story for
America that a new politcal culture is emerging
that can creatively integrate seemingly
conflicting perspectives on our most pressing national concerns.

In the face of uncertainty, cooperation
is our call to action!
<http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?eventid=657345>Register
today!