[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: [ufpj] Deadline for UFPJ National Coordinator Position Extended]

Fred Duperrault fredd at freeshell.org
Mon Jan 19 13:44:38 PST 2009

If you think of any Green who might qualify and be interested in
applying for the National Coordinator of the United For Peace and
Justice (UFPJ) coalition position , please forward this to her/him.

I think Cynthia McKinney and Peter Myers would be very good candidates.

Fred

(After having attended the UFPJ 4th Assembly early in December '08, I am
impressed with the organization that has 1,400  peace and/or justice
orgs. as members.  The process to develop and enact three of the
documents on which the UFPJ will base it's programs and other functions
for the next year-and- a-half, seemed quite effective, especially
because it involved more that 150 delegates from many, diverse NGOs.  {
Some of the familiar names  participating were: Kathy Kelly, a national
peace icon;  David Swanson, of After #10 Downing Street; Michael
McPherson, Ex. Dr. of VFP;  Phyliss Bennis, Institute for Policy Studies
fellow and author; Medea Benjamin, of Global Exchange & Code Pink; and
Antonia Juhasz, author of "The BU$H AGENDA INVADING THE WORLD, One
Economy at a Time, and other books regarding Oil-Middle East-U.S.A.})