[Sosfbay-discuss] Fw: The JESUS Machine

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Thu Jan 29 16:25:45 PST 2009

Back when I lived in Orange County I had a great girlfriend named
Christina. She was a Latina from East LA. One Sunday we went over to her
mother's house and had menudo with her mother and brother, a guy named
Jesus. Since then I've enjoyed telling preachers telling me that Jesus
would solve my problems "I've had menudo with Jesus. He has enough
trouble with his own problems. He isn't going to solve mine."

Yeah, I know, he prounced it "Jesse", but hey, it spells like Jesus,
and I live in a world where I see a lot more names than I hear.

Another time I knocked on her door and her son's girlfriend answered.
She yelled out "Hey Chris, it's Tian!" Then she did a double take.
When Christina got there she said "I just realized 'Chris'" pointing
at Christina "Tian", pointing at me, "christian" saying the word for
the religion grouping. I think we all laughed, but I'm not sure.

At the time the guy in the cube across the hall from me had the last
name Christian, and the guy two cubes down from me was so Christian
I found him obnoxious. Not only that but the local baseball team was
called the Angels. I was up to here in a super saturated "Christian"
environment. I'm scared to visit the website. Might stir up memories.

Tian
That stuff is more than a decade behind me now. I'd like to forget the
Christian fundamentalists. If only my sister and her family weren't
part of it.

Drew Johnson wrote:
> Count me in.
>

> Green is Real!
>
> Drew
>

> On Thu, January 29, 2009 10:02, Caroline Yacoub wrote:
>> Anybody interested in starting a "Stop Exploiting Jesus" movement?

Tian
http://tian.greens.org
Latest change: Added Mountain View Inauguration Event pictures.