[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: [GazaFriends] Statement from Cynthia McKinney inside prison at Ramle]

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 2 06:00:54 PDT 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [GazaFriends] Statement from Cynthia McKinney inside prison at
Ramle
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 10:35:43 +0300
From: Irish <iristulip at gmail.com>
To: gazafriends <gazafriends at lists.riseup.net>
CC: fg-medialist <FG-MediaList at googlegroups.com>, John Judge
<johnjudge at starpower.net>

One of Cynthia￿s friend received a phone call from Ramle prison. The
incarcerated prisoners are calling themselves "Free Gaza 21" even though
Huwaida and Lubna have been released. Below is Cynthia￿s statement;

We were in international waters on a boat delivering humanitarian aid to
people in Gaza when the Israeli Navy ships surrounded us and illegally
threatened us, dismantled our navigation equipment, boarded and
confiscated the ship.

All of us on board were then taken off the ship and into custody, and
brought into Israel and imprisoned. Immigration officials in Israel said
they did not want to keep us, but we remain imprisoned. State Department
and White House officials have not effected our release or taken a
strong public stance to condemn the illegal actions of the Israeli Navy
of enforcing a blockade of humanitarian assistance to the Palestinians
of Gaza, a blockade that has been condemned by President Obama.

--
Greta Berlin
Free Gaza Movement