[Sosfbay-discuss] Akio Tanaka follow up

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 12 18:09:24 PDT 2009

Here is Akio's response to our follow up question(s.)

Hi Jim

Thanks again for the time and attention that the Santa Clara Greens gave
to my presentation.
I am currently on the KPFA Local Station Board and my term ends
this December.
I have not made the decision to run again, but I will decide in few days.

I came down to San Jose because I think that Greens can and should make
a difference.
Greens have great values but we have hard time affecting elections.
Gail McLaughlin in Richmond is one inspiring win.

The problem with the current majority on the KPFA Local Station Board is
that it is aligned
too closely with the Democratic Party.

With President Obama turning out to be another corporatized Democrat, it
is crucial that we have a strong independent media.

I think that if the Greens really pull together we can elect a
progressive majority on the Local Station Board.
This is important because the Local Station Board elects four directors
to the Pacifica National Board which sets policy for the entire Pacifica
network, and currently the progressives that support the democratic
governance of the network has a slight majority.

Following are the action items: