[Sosfbay-discuss] 4 Days Left to Yard Sale/July 25th!!

Andrea Dorey andid at cagreens.org
Mon Jul 20 12:27:37 PDT 2009

Hi, GP Colleagues!

We have added to our stuff for the sale:  TWO exercise machines in
good condition are now stashed at the Nightingale location alongside
Caroline's machine.
I will be dusting off and tightening bolts on these.  I think we may
set up an interesting gym area in the garage, which will be shady and
we can let interested people try them out before they haul them off.

BTW, kudos to Caroline and her hardworking SUV for picking me up in
Palo Alto, driving to pick up the two machines, driving to Sunnyvale
to unload them, and driving me back to the Stanford mansion, and then
having to drive back to Sunnyvale home and the rest of her very busy
day!!  You're a dreamgirl, Caroline!!!

One of the new machines is a Schwinn stair climber and the other I
forgot to check on.  Caroline's is an arm and leg exerciser, but I
haven't yet looked for identifying labels on that either.  More to-
do's on the list!

Could someone volunteer to search the web for possible prices on
these second-hand exercise machines???  A ballpark figure would more
than suffice.

I now have TWO people who have volunteered to be there:
Caroline will be there for the setup and AM
Carol will be there all day and she is bringing some tables (and
maybe some goodies) with her.

I would like to have at least one more person for the morning and two
more people for the afternoon.
Two people should watch the front lawn area which will probably have
the kids' books and toys and clothes
and the garage "gym."

Another should watch the backyard with seedlings, GP literature, and
adult clothes.  We may also have some solar tea and other
environmental demonstrations in the back.

Someone with a good sense of order and flow would be helpful with
setting up that morning!!!  Hint, hint.

Then of course there's the cash box which should watched at ALL
TIMES, as we did with Warner's sale.  Losing our profits would be a
disaster!!

I need RAFFLE TICKETS!!  I think.  We could also do some surprise
boxes priced at $5.00 with perhaps stuff for kids?  for adults?  Any
feedback on this??
The 6-foot white rabbit will return and we could raffle this off, but
I want at least $50 worth of tickets before we let someone win.  GPs
are encouraged to enter as well.  Some kid is going to nuts over this
rabbit!!!

Andrea