[Sosfbay-discuss] County Supervisor:

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Fri Jul 24 15:04:43 PDT 2009

District 1 is the South County... basically Gilroy, Morgan Hill, Los
Gatos and a bit of South San Jose.  The current supervisor, Don Gage
(Rep. - ex-mayor of Gilroy) will be termed out and we need to elect a
new one in 2010.  Currently, there are 4 candidates who have set up
exploratory committees:

Rosemary Kamei.. Currently on the Water District Board and whose
performance as a board member there should disqualify her from ever
running for any office ever again.  (BTW.. Gage wants to run for Kamei's
seat on the Water District Board.)

Forrest Williams:  Ex-IBM who is older than I and that is hard to do.
His record on the San Jose City Council seems to be very pro-business,
pro-growth, nothing much besides.

Teresa Alvarado: Also from S. San Jose.  No experience in public office,
but her mother, Blanca Alvarado was on the board for 2 terms from E. San
Jose (Dist. 2).  Sounds like they want to keep the family going.

Peter Arellano:  the only one of the 4 that I could vote for.  He has
had the most progressive record as a member of the Gilroy City Council.
He is also my Dr. at Kaiser, Gilroy.

If this is the final cut of the cards. my choices are clear.

Anyone else want to discuss Dist 1?

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
http://www.refpub.com/ -- Tel: 408.778.3024