[Sosfbay-discuss] Madeleine Albright

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Fri Jun 5 16:51:21 PDT 2009

Nobody remembers this now since so many awful things have happened, but in 2000 a movement spearheaded by the San Jose Peace Center actually persuaded the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors to pass a resolution to end the sanctions against Iraq.? Secretary of State Madeleine Albright's outrageous "We think it's worth the price" statement figured prominently in the debate.

BTW, this is one of my arguments against the "Thanks Again, Ralph" rap is that?a Democratic administration of:

President Albert Gore
Vice-President Joseph Lieberman
Secretary of State Madeleine Albright

might not necessarily have been that much of a "lesser evil" than the Bush-Cheney regime.

Alex Walker