[Sosfbay-discuss] How We Elect Silicon Valley Regional Representatives

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Tue Jun 9 16:51:39 PDT 2009

During last Wednesday's GPSCC meeting, there was discussion  about whether
our GPCA Coordinating Committee member  and alternate could be chosen by
delegates at a plenary or whether we are  required to use the rules we adopted
a few years back.

My recollection is that when the GPSCC adopted Article 9  of its Bylaws,
and San Mateo County adopted similar bylaws, we opted out  from the default
procedure in the GPCA Bylaws.  Under those rules, any  candidate needs to be
approved at meetings in each county.  In SCC, the  Bylaws state that the
County Council has to put the matter on the agenda, there  needs to be 15 days
notice, and the item has to be included in the emailed  agenda.

The change in procedure was based upon the collective sense  that a few
delegates at a plenary should not have the responsibility or burden  of
appointing a reluctant volunteer...  which had been the pre-existing  practice.  At
least with required meetings, any candidate is required to  meet with each
County GP and present their case that she or he is up to the  job.

Warner

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322977x1201367197/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
JunestepsfooterNO62)