[Sosfbay-discuss] Green Party of Canada page as example of functional home page

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Thu Jun 11 06:01:42 PDT 2009

I have been told that some political campaigns have made good use of "social networking" software for really functional campaign web sites.? I have been that there are web sites where it is "easy" for volunteers to sign-on to specific organizing events.? Unfortunately, I have never actually seen any campaign web sites that even come close to such functionality.? In fact, to me, most campaign web sites tend to be cluttered with a lot of distracting "junk" (Peter Thottam's web sites are a mess even though he is obviously very proud of them).?

Furthermore, Facebook political pages I've seen so far, have been disappointing, too. Then tend to be just static pages.? I haven't seen a Facebook political page yet with as much of a serious exchange of views as these conventional e-lists.? I like Facebook as a personal diversion, but I really don't think exchanging recipes or playing games like "What Musical Interval Are You?" is going to make a revolution. ?

Does anybody on this list have examples of good web sites using "social networks" (e.g., really good Facebook pages, etc.). ?

Alex Walker

----- Original Message Posted on GPCA Media Working Group -----