[Sosfbay-discuss] Gay Pride March Today a Success!

Andrea Dorey andid at cagreens.org
Sun Jun 14 19:11:48 PDT 2009

Hey, GP Colleagues,
We really had fun today!  We had a good group of Greens there for the
Gay Pride march, and a number of us got there early and walked around
to make friends with the various groups taking part. Once underway,
we marched proudly past the reviewing stand with a summary (written
partly from our platform on Gay rights) that was read by the parade
Announcer to cheering from the crowd for the Green Party.

In fact, all along the route we received chants and applause for our
group.  A half-sheet flyer (formatted and printed by TIAN and
cleverly word-crafted by VALERIE FACE) showcased on one side our
policy on Gay rights and the flip side featured the picnic.  DREW and
WARNER carried our big banner, and VALERIE, TIAN, YVONNE, and ANDREA
personally distributed the flyers with a special invitation to each
recipient to attend our picnic.  We got lots of interest due to those
invitations!  So, look out, CAROLINE & MERRIAM, we may have an
overflow crowd at our picnic!!!

TIAN and VALERIE are planning another specially crafted half-sheet
flyer for Juneteenth, so we are planning another exciting coup for
the SCC GP!  Plan to be there for the fun and help us give them out
with invitations to the picnic!!  Hmmm, wonder if we ought to include
the Yard Sale on July 25????!!!  (Hint, hint!)

PS - I'm going to have to read the Send Line more carefully and not
contribute any more *illegal* emails to groups I'm not authorized
for!!  Sorry about that, Moderators.  {:-{
Andrea