[Sosfbay-discuss] 'Pro-Palin' at N.O.W. or 'Identity Politics' Run Wild?

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Wed Jun 24 08:46:26 PDT 2009

My friend, Aimee Allison posted a link about an uproar at the National Organization of Women (N.O.W.).

A series of comments led to a debate between Rafael Ontiveros and me which I would like to share.? I've opened a Discussion Topic at the California Green Party group:

'Pro-Palin'
at N.O.W. or 'Identity Politics' Run Wild?

I know my views about "Identity Politics" are controversial among progressives.? I sincerely believe it is way past time for serious progressives to
rethink certain assumptions made by "the Left" ever since the late
1960s that, frankly, haven't worked very well for the causes we all say
we believe in.

I am an African-American myself. I
live in One-Party Democratic inner-city Los Angeles, and frankly, I
left the Democratic Party to get away from silly games about "race"and "identity," typically
played by those that the Democratic Party Machines have deliberately
marginalized (and even though the Democrats take our votes completely
for granted in every election).

Check this out on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=8071416222&topic=9702