[Sosfbay-discuss] FW: Amnesty: Protest this Friday: Is Stanford a Safe Place for War Criminals?

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 12 08:51:15 PDT 2009

Action is at  326 Galvez (that's what Embarcadero turns into)

Condoleezza Rice makes her first major appearance on campus and speech

this Friday.

Is it to students? No. Is it to alumni? No. Is it open to the public? No.

It's at an economic summit that is invite only, $2500 entry, an elite

event closed to students.

The SIEPR Economic Summit, this Friday.

(http://siepr.stanford.edu/#SummitAnchorLink)

Is she afraid of us, the Stanford community, demonstrating our

disapproval of her actions over the past 8 years... Including serious

allegations of lying to the American people in the run-up to the Iraq

War and personally approving the use of torture? Can you think of any

other reason for scheduling at 8am Friday dead week?

Condoleezza Rice is speaking on Friday, March 13th at the Francis C.

Arrillaga Alumni Center. We plan to be there from 7:30 a.m.

For more info about Condoleezza Rice’s alleged war crimes, check out

the research Stanford Says No To War has put together here:

http://www.stanford.edu/group/antiwar/cgi-bin/mediawiki/index.php?title=Condi_coalition_letter_draft.

Stanford Says No to War is calling a protest at this talk of

Condoleezza Rice’s presence at Stanford.

We will hand out a flyer with information about Condoleezza Rice’s

actions and, if we see her, salute her with our shoes, a common form

of showing disrespect in various cultures. We will not throw the shoes.

Please join us!

Friday, March 13, 2009.

7:30 am onwards.

Francis C. Arrillaga Alumni Center.