[Sosfbay-discuss] new Green

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 19 19:44:01 PDT 2009

Tim Smith sent an email to me after speaking to Tian:

Jim,
     tim smith from Sonoma county here...

    i'm registering some voters, including, when i can, some Greens in
S. Clara county.
Tian Harter told me i could forward to you the contact info of any S.
Clara Greens who
might want more info, or maybe to get involved with the local Green group...

    ....  i did manage to register one woman [from Los Gatos] the other
day who seemed
genuinely interested  in at least getting more info about the Green
Party (GPUS/GPCA),
and the local Green organization, as well as hearing of upcoming
projects and events, if any (?)...

    She has 3 young teenaged sons [12 - 15 range]and spoke of wanting to
expose them to
(progressive) politics as well...
---------
So we have a couple of tasks:
contact the person,       (and simultaneously provide a "hook")
provide  a doable task  (table in Los Gatos or Saratoga?)
"introduce teenagers to politics"   (hand out flyers, door to door,
connect with teachers, ..., campaign for student body office - making use
of our campaign training videos)

Jim Doyle